The founding forerunner of today’s CIB Central Bank International Bank Ltd. was the Central Bank of Europe Central Bank (CIB), established on the 9th of November, 1979 in Budapest. Today’s CIB Hungária Bank Rt. Was established in 1988 due to the results of legislative changes. The bank has undergone significant development over the decades. CIB merged with Inter-Európa Bank Zrt in 2007, making it the second-largest financial services provider in Hungary. The rapid development of the bank, both in efficiency and size, and the requirements of financial supervisory agencies, triggered the IT management in 2005 to implement professional, easy-to-use, and transparent processes and applications that effectively support them in the field of Software Asset Management.
“With the expert support of IPR-Insights, we can be sure that no vendor audit can cause us a trouble. Using information from SAM-Insights, we optimized our license procurement costs by 10% during the last renewal of Microsoft ELA.”
Zoltán Varga, Desktop Support Manager, CIB Bank Ltd.
SERVICES PROVIDED DURING THE FIRST PROJECT:
- Implementing a Software Asset Management System: SAM-Insights was used and implemented during the project
- Hardware and software data collection: The hardware and software data was automatically collected over the network, in the case of island systems and devices presenting high-security software data was collected manually.
- Identifying Unknown Software: Using the system database, we identified software products in use and unknown files found by the system.
- Processing Available Licenses and Invoices: We have collected and recorded the available licenses and invoices in SAM
- Creating a physical license warehouse: We have developed a physical license warehouse system in accordance with the requirements of the records, taking into account the customer’s specific needs
- Software Usage vs. Software Assets: At the end of the project, we compared software usage to software assets, analyzed the reasons for the differences, and proposed solutions to resolve them
- Software Asset Management Process Audit: We assessed the already existing SAM processes at the company
- Software Asset Management Policy Review: Based on the results of process audits and policy reviews, we have developed a policy and process system that addresses the specific needs of the company
- Copyright and Responsibility Training: SAM training was conducted on the basics of copyright and liability for SAM
- Software Asset Management Training: Training SAM Personnel on SAM Theory and Practice
- Vendor Licensing Design: Training for Software Acquisition Associates on Enterprise-specific Strategic Manufacturer Licensing Design
- Accounting Workshop: To facilitate more effective communication between accounting and IT, we conducted an accounting workshop involving relevant staff from the two divisions
SERVICES PROVIDED SINCE CLOSING THE FIRST PROJECT:
- Software Asset Management System Operation / Support: We maintain and support the SAM-Insights system implemented at the client
- Continuous SAM Services: We assist SAM staff by identifying new unknown files found by the system, processing new licenses and accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring that new assets are added to the system, and scrapping be removed from the register
- Annual review: Our consultants, who are separate from our operations team, review annually
- Purchasing Consultancy: Occasionally, we provide purchasing consultancy for planning major software purchases
- Expert assistance in vendor reconciliation, dispute resolution: Regular assistance in reconciliation with different vendors, dispute resolution
- Customized Licensing Database Development: For SAM-Insights, we have created an automated MS SQL Licensing Database Supplement to meet customer-specific needs
You can read a detailed case study of the project.
- Sándor Zsoldos
- Zsolt Csala
- Eszter Gáspár-Hidasi
- dr. Eszter Telek
- Orsolya Bock
- Balázs Ács
- Sándor Nagy
- László Németh